Summer time and the livin’ is easy. Kids are swimming and the sun is extra hot.
Don’t you want to cool down? What better way than with an icy fresh beverage with what else…RUM!
During the summer, fresh fruit is bountiful….especially strawberries and watermelon. They are the inspiration for this week’s drink!
[youtube id=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bauzpo1ClbU&list=UUTXG2GrfK3FxOaXvESNDqiQ” width=”600″ height=”350″]
Strawberry Watermelon Cooler
- 1 cup fresh watermelon, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup of white rum (I like Bacardi)
- In a blender combine watermelon & strawberries.
- Strain the mixture so that the seeds are removed.
- Then combine the fruit mixture, coconut milk, agave nectar, rum and ice; pulse until smooth.
- Divide between 4 glasses. You can optionally add one shot of rum or tequila to each glass. Serve with a straw and garnish with strawberry slices or watermelon wedges.
- Serve immediately.
How’s that for summer fun?? I hope you enjoy!!