I am obsessed with the red carpet and all the glitz and glamor associated with it…I couldn’t take my eyes off the TV on Sunday night during the Golden Globes.
One of my favorite looks of the night was COVERGIRL Sofia Vergara. Sofia looked absolutely stunning! Rocking a voluminous black dress by Zac Posen and a gorgeous statement necklace from Lorraine Schwartz, the “Modern Family” actress was hands-down one of the night’s best overall looks, and in my book, Best Dressed. I’m all about the funky statements that actresses make, but my style is more of the classic look that Sofia presented.
Not only was Sofia’s fashion spot on, but her make-up was perfection! Check out how Sofia dishes on her makeup for the big award show night and shares the COVERGIRL products used to help create her glamorous red-carpet look.
Sofia Vergara Breaks Down her Golden Globes Look!
“For this year’s Golden Globes, I really wanted to do something different. I wear makeup every day – I wouldn’t think about leaving the house without it! – but of course it’s such a big night, and everyone is taking pictures, so I have to look good! With my dress so elegant and my necklace so bold (and heavy!), I wanted to keep my hair and makeup simple and classic,” says Vergara.
1. To start off with a good base that would last all night, I started with COVERGIRL truBLEND Foundation in M6 which is super lightweight and blendable.
2. On top, a light dusting of powder to set the look and a bit of rosy color for the apples of my cheeks with Clean Glow Blush in Roses.
3. My dress and jewels were the center of attention, so I had to balance my hair and makeup. For me, a really glamorous evening look starts with the eyes. I love the drama of a cat eye – tonight I went with brown liner as opposed to black with Bombshell Liner in Chocolate Kiss to create the look.
4. I then used Bombshell Shine Shadow in Gold Goddess to give my eyes a little sparkle.
6. For me, lipstick is a must – I feel naked without it. I wish I could just wear a nude shade, but it’s not me – I need color. I went with a bold red with LipPerfection Lip Color in Flame.
7. Oh I also always keep a gloss in my purse for touch-ups!
I know that the next time I go out on the town (or even when I head down the red carpet…LOL!) I will definitely have to try these tips. Now if only I could get my body to look like Sofia’s…..that’s a topic for another day.