The holiday season is all about love, family, friends and COOKIES!!
Growing up, my mom made these Snowball Cookies that the family dubbed “Andreas Nutballs” (you had to be there). They are essentially, well, nutballs rolled in powdered sugar.
My husband LOVES these! So now, every year, my mom is obligated to make them for him. You know, so she doesn’t lose her “favorite mother-in-law” status.
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Almonds or Pecans
- 3 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cup Flour
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Chop nuts in food processor to finely chop.
- Cream butter, salt and 1/2 cup powdered sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in nuts and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Alowly add in flour, mixing well.
- Shape into 1/2-3/4" balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from cookie sheet.
- Fill a zippered bag with remaining powdered sugar.
- Gently shake each cookie in bag so it is well coated.
- (My mom actually adds a ton more powdered sugar to hers when she stores them.)
Leave a Reply