This past weekend we took a mini “stay-cation” to Islamorada in the Keys. Or, if you ask my husband, we crashed his trip. He went on his yearly trip with the guys to go fishing. The boys and I drove with them to the Keys and stayed the weekend. We spent our time in the pool, fishing in the canal, canoeing, visiting with some manatee and just relaxing. It was perfect.
It’s Back to School season…where did the time go? Did you catch my post about Donating School Supplies? As a former teacher, it is so important for me to teach my kids that teachers need support from us and so do some of the students. My friend is a teacher in a classroom that is in major need of school supplies since the students’ families can’t afford what they need for a successful school year. I also wrote about tips for Back to School Shopping Without Losing Your Sanity and the new Fall Fashions for Boys. Camouflage is my new fav!
Of course I found the time to meander around the internet to see what else is out there. Here is what I found for Midweek Meandering #5:
- I love lentil soup! Never had it as a salad though. Will definitely try this Lentil Salad from Skinnytaste.
- Chocoloate? Good. Cupcakes? Good. Coconut? Gooood! The Best Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes by Baker by Nature will be at my next birthday for sure!
- Oh how I wish my husband was a carpenter so he could build a cabin in the woods on a lake with furniture like this from Or So She Says. A girl can dream can’t she?
- I also wish I had a sewing machine (or at least knew how to sew) so I could make this ADORABLE little apron from Lil’ Luna.
- Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I love to dress up and decorate the house. I REALLY want to put on a haunted house one year, but not sure my husband will let me. In the meantime, I can make these spooky ghosts for the front yard that I found on Listotic.
What did you find around the web this week? Share with me…I love finding new things!