Today is the last day of June and we have successfully made it through 1/3 of summer break. We took a couple quick trips to Orlando…nothing fancy.
In recent weeks, it’s been about working on the summer reading assignments that the kids have, going on “hang-outs” with friends (did you know they aren’t “play dates” anymore?), and playing outside and swimming. Maybe in the month of July we will actually venture out and do more things like going to the beach, heading to the zoo or exploring Miami more. Until then…
Here’s what I found around the internet for Midweek Meandering #16 this week:
- Since summer is about vacations, I’m always looking for great getaways that won’t cost me a ton. Check out these 5 Steps to Plan the Perfect Budget Friendly Weekend Getaway from Traveling Nine to Fiver.
- I love seeing photos that parents take of their kids laying on a chalk drawing. These 4th of July inspired drawings by Heart of Deborah would be so cute with little ones!
- Being the exhausted mom that I am, I’m always looking for shortcuts to save me time & energy. These 23 Simple Kitchen Shortcuts from Just DIY are perfect to make my life easier in the kitchen!
- Kids LOVE chicken tenders! These Healthy Chicken Fingers with cornflakes from The Anti Mom Blog is a great way to cut the grease.
- I love being outside on the patio, but the mosquitos are out of control. Luckily, I found these DIY Tiki Torches from The Lucky Pear. (Plus, I have all those empty wine bottles…)
- I just can’t contain my love for STITCH FIX! It’s such a fashion life saver! I’m digging this Market & Spruce jumpsuit that Melissa at The Eyes of a Boy received in her spring Fix.
What are some of the great things that you’ve found around the internet this week?