First off, I want to say THANK YOU to the many men & women who have served our great country with bravery and sacrifice. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be free to write on this space or say what I feel. GOD BLESS you all!
On a different note, my poor little blog…she’s been so neglected! It’s not that I don’t have ideas to write about….I just have been in a funk. I haven’t been in the “mood.” Do you ever get like that? You love something, but you’re just not in the mood to do it? I know I’m not alone….
So anyway, here I am…writing….sort of.
I am lucky enough to live in hot and sunny Miami. Well, lucky most of the time. Here are 5 Things I Love to Hate About Miami. Yeah, it’s a love/hate relationship!
My schedule is out of control this year! We are constantly running and have a lot of late nights at baseball after a full day of school & work, not to mention a few hours of homework in between. Some say we’re crazy, but at least it keeps the kids out of trouble…plus we love our baseball family! With all the running, it’s hard to give my kiddos a healthy way to eat. That’s why After School Snacking Made Easy is a MUST!
Are you in charge of dessert for your Thanksgiving feast? Or do you just love dessert? Either way, try this easy Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting! You can thank me later when your mouth isn’t full!
As always, I meander around the internet so you don’t have to! Here’s what I found this week:
- Giving thanks is a MUST this time of year and always. I love these free printable tags from She Wears Many Hats! They will make a great addition to a cute treat for my boys’ teachers and even the orthodontist that we see so often!
- Thanksgiving needs ALCOHOL! All the family and food and fun….bring on the cocktails! This Honeycrisp Apple Sangria from Sally’s Baking Addiction looks fantastic!
- This Thanksgiving, I’m in charge of bringing a side dish to my husband’s family’s house. I think these Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms from Kalyn’s Kitchen will be just the thing!
- We have a ton of little kids in our family and getting together for a holiday can be rather chaotic. We can keep our kids occupied with this Thanksgiving Bingo printable from Crazy Little Projects. Let’s just hope they don’t eat all the bingo markers before the game is over!
- I have THE WORST eyelashes. They are short and straight. Even when I put on mascara, it still doesn’t help. I’ve been toying with the idea of eyelash extensions. Been a little hesitant. I found this easy tutorial for putting on fake eyelashes from Beautylish before I make the investment.
- And of course, I have to look like I have some sort of fashion sense for Thanksgiving. I’ve been doing StitchFix for a few months and I am IN LOVE! I do not know how to put an outfit together to save my life…now I have a personal shopper! Want to try it? Click my referral code!
What fun things did you find on the internet this week?
Ahhh I love your blog! Especially now that I’m home with the boys!!! Keep it all coming! Xoxo
Alexis Prieto saysat
Thanks Brie! XXOO
Hope you enjoy the roasted green bits; they’ve been a huge hit on my site!