Another week is halfway through and lots has gone on around here! My husband has a cold. Ladies, you know what that means…someone who is totally useless until the cold is gone! UGH. You would think he’s got the plague.
I have become the room mom in “The Nag’s” class. I felt so bad when the teacher had to beg for help…I know what that’s like. The only thing is that now I have more responsibilities on my plate. But I tend to work better when I have more things to do.
Not to mention that baseball has taken over my life again. We are at the baseball park at least 5 out of 7 days. I honestly wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world! I love watching my guys play and see how far they have come since they started when they were 4 years old.
Here’s what happened on the blog this week:
Halloween is right around the corner and we are getting prepared! Some treats that are perfect for your kiddos or a Halloween party are the Pumpkin Pie Muddy Buddies or these adorable Witches’ Hat Treats. Why should your coffee or desserts have all the fun with pumpkins? Check out these 5 Fun Pumpkin Beauty Products.
As always, I meander around the internet so you don’t have to! Here’s what I found this week:
- Staying with the whole Halloween theme, these creepy Gooey Monster Cookies from Lil’ Luna are SO CUTE! I can’t wait to make these with my guys this weekend!
- It seems like recently I’ve either needed or have been asked if I had a cupcake stand. Strangely enough, no one I know has one. I found this great DIY Cupcake Stand from Little Red Window for those times that I need one. The best part is I can customize it for whatever event I’m having.
- Being in 4th grade, “Little Ricky” has a lot of projects to work on! His Science Project is due in November and we (mostly me) have been working hard to be sure that it works. He has chosen to determine which kinds of crystals grow faster: table sugar, salt or brown sugar. Thank goodness for Science for Kids: Overnight Crystal Garden from Babble Dabble Do! We (I mean he) will look like a genius!
- As I’ve said, baseball is my life during the school year. I’m at every practice and game and I even keep the score for “The Nag’s” team. Each season means new uniforms. Although I would love black pants for my guys because you can’t see the stains, but it’s so darn hot in Miami I’m thankful that they wear light gray or white. Cleaning said pants is another hassle…so glad I found a way to clean their pants from Extraordinary Mommy!
- Nothing can round out a week without a cocktail! I can’t wait to try this Honey Cinnamon Apple Cider Sangria from Cookie Monster Cooking. YUM!