If your kids are anything like my kids, then you got a TON of candy on Halloween! I felt like we were trick-or-treating FOREVER!!
I’m not saying that I’m not grateful for the sweet treats that are now in my pantry, because let’s face it, who doesn’t love a sweet treat now and again? There is just SO MUCH of it! I’m scared my kids will be bouncing off the walls all the time with all that candy. Or worse, I will blow up like a balloon as I raid the bags for my own cravings!
Luckily, my friends at Pop Secret partnered with Kylie from Imma Eat That and these yummy treats were born! Anything sweet and salty together is OK by me! Here are some Leftover Halloween Candy Hacks:
Going into a coconut shock with all the Almond Joys in your kids’ Halloween bag?
Almond Joys + Pop Secret Salted Pre-Popped Popcorn = Coconut Surprise Popcorn
- In a double boiler on the stovetop or in the microwave (with a microwave safe bowl) slowly melt the Almond Joys. (If you are using Mounds® chop the candy up first to make the almonds bite size.)
- Take the melted candy off the heat, let it cool slightly and pour in Pop Secret Salted Pre-Popped Popcorn.
- Carefully fold the popcorn into the coconut/chocolate goodness.
- Let the chocolate cool completely and serve!
Tootsie Rolls are one of the treats I look forward to the most. They are the perfect amount of chocolate flavor in a tiny bite!
Caramel and Tootsie Rolls + Pop Secret Homestyle Pre-Popped Popcorn = Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Popcorn
- Get the little ones in to help unwrap all of those little Tootsie Rolls and Caramels. If you have any leftover mini chocolate bars add them too!
- Melt the caramels slowly in the microwave (in a microwave safe bowl) or using your favorite technique.
- Chop the chocolate candy into small pieces and mix with Pop Secret Homestyle Pre-Popped Popcorn.
- Drizzle the melted caramel over the popcorn and chocolates.
- Let the caramel cool and dig in!