When I married my husband, it was understood that Sundays were for football. Heck, we’ve had the NFL Sunday Ticket since it first came out! He has always had a Fantasy Football team and this year my kids each have a team, so that means that I have a team.
With football comes food. We love having our own tailgating parties on our own couch. I put out appetizers of all kids and we just pick all day. That’s why putting together this Football Tailgating Recipes Roundup was something that just falls naturally into our Sunday routine.
15 Football Tailgating Recipes:
- When I think of football food, I think of chili first! This Game Day Red Chili Recipe is a perfect addition to any game day! Add some Fritos, cheese and sour cream….YUM!
- Dip? Yes, please! I adore chips and really any kind of dip is ok by me! This Homemade Queso Blanco Dip is to die for!! I really want to just drink it….
- Here’s a healthy dip that sure to please. This Harvest Sweet Potato Salsa is easy and perfect for your chips!
- If you’re going to eat salsa, it better be fresh! What a difference it makes! Here’s an easy recipe for Homemade Fresh Salsa.
- Beans are meant for football. Isn’t that weird?? Check out these ADORABLE Game Day Football Bean Dip Cups!
- BBQ Meatballs are an easy tailgating food. They are small enough to pop in your mouth without too much mess and you can stick them in bread to make a yummy sub! And the fact that these BBQ Meatballs can be made in the crockpot makes my life that much easier!
- Buffalo sauce is a staple at our football tailgating. We put that s%*t on everything! This Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake is a perfect way to include everything we love!
- On the same buffalo sauce tip, here’s a recipe for Buffalo Butternut Squash Hummus. This is a nice healthy dip that will please even the waistline watchers!
- Pulled meat screams fall and football! These Pulled BBQ Chicken Wraps are so easy to make and they are easy to eat while you are actually tailgating at the game or in the comfort of your own living room.
- Meat & potatoes are GOOD, GOOD, GOOD! Getting my husband outside on the grill for a bit is also good. These Grilled Meat ‘n Potatoes Foil Packets are yummy & have BACON!!!!
- The ultimate hand held food: PIZZA! Move over pepperoni, here comes the ranch! This Ranch Veggie Pizza is not only great for football watching, but you can put it in the kids’ lunchboxes on Monday too!
- Here’s another spin on hummus, this time with avocado! My husband LOVES avocados! The Avocado Feta Hummus will surely be a crowd pleaser!
- I’ve already said it BACON! Here it is again on these delicious Bacon Wrapped Pretzel Rods. Aaaahhhhh!!!!!
- No day should go by without dessert. Here’s an easy way to please your football lovers: Football Brownie Ice Cream Cake.
- Who doesn’t love Snickers. I’m serious, I’d like to know. Snickers Cheesecake Bars are the ONLY way to end a full day of football watching (or football ignoring in my case)!