Harry Potter fans rejoice! Universal Studios Orlando is adding on to their famed Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction area. When the resort unveiled Hogsmeade and Hogwarts Castle in Universal’s Islands of Adventure in 2010, millions flocked to be emerged in Harry’s world by roaming the streets and exploring classrooms at Hogwarts, as well as riding the fast paced ride above the grounds on “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.” This summer, Universal Studios will open a new theme park experience bringing more of Harry Potter’s adventures to life.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will double in size and encompass both theme parks located within Universal Studios Orlando! According to the park, “this will be the world’s first centrally themed, multi-park experience.” Visitors will climb aboard the Hogwarts Express in Hogsmeade (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure) and moments later arrive at King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios) – where the wonders of London and Diagon Alley unfold before you. And it is all real.
After arriving at King’s Cross Station aboard the Hogwarts Express, guests will pass through London and the iconic brick wall archway from the films into Diagon Alley – a bustling, wizarding hub within a Muggle city. There will be shops, dining experiences, and a new ride called Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts – a multi-sensory, multi-dimensional journey that will take theme park attractions to a new level.
With admission to both parks, visitors can travel on the Hogwarts Express between the two areas. Check out what some of the new attractions will include.
- Experience a groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults.
- Witness the magical experience of a wand choosing a wizard at Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops.
- Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places that features Borgin and Burkes – a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items.
- Explore some of Diagon Alley’s famous shops, including:
- Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone.
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes.
- Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs.
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, where guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses.
- Quality Quidditch Supplies, offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more.
- Scribbulus, featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and postcards.
- Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more at the Leaky Cauldron.
- Visit Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour for frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others.
See for yourself!
[youtube id=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXaGF8e8-EI&feature=youtu.be” width=”600″ height=”350″]
I know my little “Harry Potter” can’t wait for the newest addition of Diagon Alley this summer. In the meantime, we are headed to Universal Studios Orlando next weekend for his 9th birthday celebration.