Chocolate and peanut butter go together like well, chocolate and peanut butter. There’s something about the creamy salty flavor of the peanut butter paired with the rich and sweet flavor of chocolate…. YUM!
These are like THE perfect snack! Maybe I should keep a few in my purse in case of emergency. Maybe not. They’ll be eaten before I can even put the car in drive.
Making these bad boys isn’t hard at all. As a matter of fact, they are so easy, it may be harder to resist them.
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Graham Sandwiches
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper because you don’t want to make a crazy mess in your kitchen.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate by microwaving for 45 seconds. Take it out an begin stirring. You’ll need to repeat this step until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Spread a thin layer of chocolate on 8 graham crackers and place them on the prepared sheet. See? No mess.
Next you’re going to place them in the freezer for about 5 minutes. This will help the chocolate to set a bit.
Ready for the filling?
Finely crush 4 graham crackers. You’re going to combine peanut butter, powdered sugar, the crushed graham crackers and vanilla.
Now for the messy part. Roll a 1″ ball of the peanut butter mixture and place it on top of the chocolate side of the graham crackers from the freezer. Gently press the ball and spread the peanut butter mixture evenly to the edges.
Return the graham crackers to the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.
Here’s another messy part. But the good kind of messy…
At this time you’ll reheat the chocolate if necessary. Place the prepared graham crackers into the bowl of melted chocolate and carefully spoon the chocolate over the top of each. Lift the chocolate covered peanut butter graham sandwiches out of the chocolate with a fork. Be sure to tap the fork on the side of the bowl to shake off any excess chocolate.
Return the Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Graham Sandwiches to the pan and return the pan to the freezer for another 5 minutes.
In order to decorate each graham cracker, place a small amount of melted chocolate in a sandwich bag and clip very tiny end of a corner and drizzle the chocolate over each sandwich in a zig-zag design.
(But don’t say I didn’t warn you of their ability to make you addicted!)
- 12 Graham Crackers
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 12 oz Chocolate Melting Candy
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate candy by microwaving for 45 seconds, stirring and repeating until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate on 8 graham crackers and place on prepared sheet.
- Place in freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- Finely crush 4 graham crackers.
- Combine peanut butter, powdered sugar, crushed graham crackers and vanilla in a bowl and blend.
- Place a 1" ball of peanut butter mixture on top of chocolate side of the each graham crackers and gently press and spread evenly to the edges.
- Return to freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Reheat the chocolate if necessary.
- Place crackers into chocolate and spoon the chocolate over the top.
- Lift out with a fork and tap the fork on the side of the bowl to shake off excess chocolate.
- Return to pan, then return pan to freezer for 5 minutes.
- Place a small amount of melted chocolate in a sandwich bag and clip very tiny end of a corner and drizzle over each sandwich.
Jennifer L saysat
Oh my friend loves graham crackers anything so she’s going to love this recipe. Thanks!
Lisa Sharp saysat
Oh my these sound amazing! Thank you for sharing.
This looks like such a tasty treat!
Greta | http://www.gretahollar.com
yum!! Looks delicious
Adaleta Avdic saysat
Yes! These look incredible and I would 150% want 20 right about now 😉 xx Adaleta Avdic
These look so good. When I first saw the picture of the finished product, I thought “I cannot make these”, but after reading the instructions I think I can handle it. I know my daughter will love these!
Alexis Prieto saysat
They are so easy! Hope you try them.