I LOVE PEEPS! That marshmallowy fluffiness combined with the crackle of the colored sugar….HEAVEN to me! I know that Peeps aren’t just for Easter anymore and you can get them all year round, but I still save them for this time of year. (No one likes to overindulge…)
Before Peeps started dipping their treats in chocolate, I had to make my own. These Chocolate Bunny Peeps are so easy to make and are yummy too! Not to mention they have the cutest little “cotton” tail.
These Chocolate Bunny Peeps are perfect for your spring decorations, your Easter baskets, or just a fun treat to make and enjoy with your kids.
Here are the steps to make Chocolate Bunny Peeps:
Prepare a cup with something of weight in the bottom (like dry beans or rice) to keep it from tipping over. This will be used to hold the completed bunnies while they cool and set.
Melt your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl by heating them for 30 seconds, stirring, and repeating until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Cut each mini marshmallow in half with kitchen shears to make the “bunny tails.”
Insert a lollipop stick in the bottom of each bunny.
Dip and/or spoon the chocolate over the bunny to cover it completely. Tap stick gently over bowl to allow excess to drip off.
Put a “bunny tail” on the back and place the lollipop stick in the prepared cup. Once you’ve completed all of your bunnies, place the cup in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to cool and set.
Won’t these be ADORABLE in your Easter baskets or on your table?
- 1 package Marshmallow Peeps Bunnies
- 6 Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup Dark Cocoa Melting Chips
- 12 Lollipop Sticks
- Melt chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds, then stirring and repeating until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Cut each mini marshmallow in half with kitchen shears to make bunny tails.
- Insert stick in bottom of each bunny.
- Prepare a cup with something of weight in the bottom (like dry beans or rice) to keep it from tipping over.
- Dip and/or spoon chocolate over bunny to cover completely.
- Tap stick gently over bowl to allow excess to drip off.
- Insert bunny tail on back and place in cup.
- Place cup in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
[…] Chocolate Bunny Peeps […]
[…] I mentioned in my Mini Easter Cakes in a Jar post and my Chocolate Bunny Peeps post, desserts and sweets make me happy on Easter. Which leads to my next yummy treat: Easter […]
[…] It’s Easter week, and I’ve already shared some great Easter recipes to make for this special holiday. Recipes like: Mini Easter Cakes in a Jar, Easter Blondie Bars, and Chocolate Bunny Peeps. […]
[…] everyone loves a great springtime treat! Why not make some Chocolate Bunny Peeps? They are cute and […]