Do I really need to tell you that I’m ADDICTED anything sweet? Chocolate to be exact…
Every time we sail on a Carnival Cruise, the first dessert I order is the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. This yummy chocolate delight is proudly served in the main dining room and at some of the specialty restaurants on all their ships. You HAVE TO try it!
Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, Carnival’s Warm Chocolate Melting Cake has been a staple of the cruise line’s dessert menus for many years with more than four million servings of the gooey, decadent confection served annually. (I wish I had that many in front of me right now!)
For those who want to recreate this wildly popular dessert at home, Carnival shared the recipe is below. Don’t forget the ice cream!
- 6 oz Dark Chocolate
- 6 oz Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 6 oz Sugar
- 2 oz Flour
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a low pan.
- Mix eggs and sugar separately, whisk for few minutes, add flour.
- Add egg mixture to the melted chocolate and mix.
- Pour mix in a greased mold. (I like mine in a souffle dish.)
- Bake directly in oven at 400º for 14 minutes
Please make sure that eggs are at room temperature and chocolate is warmed while making the mixture.
Leave a Reply