Ah, the Bloody Mary…
Is it a cocktail, a serving of vegetables, or a brunch staple? Oh yes, it’s all of the above!
This absolutely delicious concoction is one of my all time favorites! My love for the Bloody Mary began in my college years in D.C. We would go to a bar called Sign of the Whale. Each Sunday, this D.C. establishment would tempt me with their Bloody Mary bar. They would hand you a pint with vodka and tomato juice, then you would take your drink to a bar full of spices and create your own. Ah, HEAVEN!
Since every one’s Bloody Mary is unique to their tastes, I wanted to present you with my favorite flavors: the Bold Bloody Mary.
- Start with about 1/3 of a pint glass with vodka. And then fill with ice.
- Fill the rest of the glass with Bloody Mary mix…My favorite is Mr & Mrs T Bold and Spicy Bloody Mary Mix (tomato juice or V8 also work well).
- 1 dash Old Bay seasoning (a nod to my Maryland days…)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1/8 tsp. horseradish (pure, never creamed)
- Squeeze half of a lemon
- Add 3 Spanish olives (sometimes more…)
- Garnish with celery stalk, salt and pepper around the rim of the glass.
Remember, no two Bloody Marys are alike…just have fun with your spices and your taste buds!
Enjoy any time of day!