I have been married for 13 years. Lucky 13! Our marriage is a continued work in progress, but I couldn’t image going through it with anyone else! Even when the smallest things annoy me about this man, I still love him more and more each day.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. What are your plans? According to stores, you should have already had a plan like 2 months ago! Although my husband and I try not be out with the rest of the world on this one day, we still find time to show each other just how much we care. C’mon, just because you’re married doesn’t mean you have to stop romancing your spouse!
14 Valentine’s Day ideas for married couples:
- Write each other love letters. When was the last time you wrote your honey a love letter? Was it way back when you were still dating? Go ahead and grab a pen and paper & write! Make this love letter a nice reminder of why you fell in love and all of the things you still love about them.
- Create a slideshow of your favorite photos together. I did this a few years ago. I even added our wedding song to make it more memorable.
- Cook dinner together. Anyone can call and make reservations for Valentine’s Day, but working in the kitchen together to make a romantic meal will bring you even closer!
- Have breakfast in bed together. Make breakfast and then climb back into bed so that you can enjoy it together.
- Enjoy a night in. Send the kids to a sitter and enjoy a night in together. Just because you get a babysitter doesn’t mean that you need to feel the pressures of a night out. Why not enjoy some peace and quiet to yourselves?
- Create a coupon book. Create a coupon book for special times to spend with your spouse. Be sure to cash them in throughout the year!
- Give each other a massage. You both lead stressful lives, why not help each other relax with a massage? Grab some nice smelling oils to make it better.
- Recreate your first date. Do you remember your first date? Recreate that date for an extra special Valentine’s Day.
- Enlarge and frame your first ever picture together. Surprise your special someone with this gift from days gone by. (I’m sure you’ll get a good laugh too!)
- Write a list of 14 things you love about each other. Valentine’s Day does fall on the 14th after all.
- Favorite movie night. Rent each of your favorite movies and have movie night in.
- Leave surprise love notes for your honey to find throughout their day. Hide one in their lunch, in their car, etc. for them to be surprised by throughout the entire day.
- Try something new. Try a new restaurant, a new dance or any other new activity. Just try something new together.
- Spend an entire day together, just the two of you. When was the last time the two of you spent the entire day together without the kids or someone else there? It’s amazing how great it feels to just be the two of you again, even if just for a few hours.
What are your Valentine’s Day plans?